MEDIA COVERAGE: A LAUNDRY REVOLUTION ON COLLEGE CAMPUSES
CALECO FEATURED IN TALKING STICK MAGAZINE...
Talking Stick is a bimonthly publication, with six issues a year focused on the latest in housing news, innovation, and professional development information. Recently, CALECO Partner and Director Of Sales Brent Winig was featured in one of its articles.
The title of the Special Focus article? Laundry Revolution… Technology is changing how students do laundry on campus. The article takes a look at how colleges and universities are being forced to adapt to the demands of modern students; students who expect the best…
Keep reading to learn how CALECO is pioneering the best laundry experience for students, or click here to read the full article.
CALECO PROVIDES A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE FOR COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
For generations, college students have dreaded doing laundry while on campus. In the age of Starbucks apps and Uber Eats, students have come to expect a user-friendly, convenient experience. And, universities are expected to meet those expectations in order to keep enrollment numbers on-par with the competition.
To do so, some of the area’s major colleges have turned to CALECO to revamp outdated laundry facilities and usher in modern, reliable equipment fitted with the latest-and-greatest in laundry technology.
USER-FRIENDLY APPS, RELIABLE EQUIPMENT & HELPFUL INSTRUCTIONS
The way students go about their day has changed. Fortunately, CALECO understands the wants and needs of its users. For universities already working with CALECO, the main concerns that are mentioned in the Laundry Revolution article have already been addressed, as students can quickly and easily…
- Find out which machines are available and which ones may already be in use – all from the convenience of an app!
- Get notifications sent directly to their phone when their laundry is done, when it is almost done, and which washing / drying cycle the machine is on.
- Get quick and easy washing & drying instructions which helps decrease the amount of time spent doing laundry, decreases the likelihood of students leaving a mess, and decreases the number of maintenance calls!
A WELCOMED DROP IN THE NEED FOR MAINTENANCE & SERVICE CALLS
CALECO’s app technology has other benefits, too. Because machines can be configured to share data wirelessly via cloud technology, service technicians are often notified in real-time of potential problems with machines. This capability…
- decreases the number of service calls to maintenance, and
- increases the number of working machines that are available to students at any given time.
“From the service end, we know a machine is down before the school does,” Winig mentions in the article, which means faster response times and less downtime for the machine.
Robert Smith, ESU’s Campus Card Center Director claims that the frequency of service calls has “dropped dramatically” and that “Feedback we have received has been 100% favorable; students are totally happy with this change.”
CUSTOM LAUNDRY SOLUTIONS SERVE AS ATTRACTIVE AMENITIES FOR STUDENTS
Campus laundry facilities have been neglected for too long. Gone are the days of old, worn down equipment sprawled out across dark and dusty laundry rooms. CALECO’s laundry room designs ensure…
- a custom solution tailored to students’ needs AND the needs of the university
- top-of-the-line machines from the biggest name brands in the industry
- the latest in laundry room technology and laundry room mobile apps
- competitive pricing, maintenance contracts, and professional service performed by local, friendly technicians who are always just a phone call away
“We always like to gauge where they are at currently, in terms of facilities and technology infrastructure” Winig mentions, which allows CALECO to offer completely custom solutions to maximize usability and provide universities with a distinct advantage over their competition.
CALECO offers commercial laundry equipment from a number of the most trusted name brands in the industry.
If you don’t see a particular brand listed here, simply give us a call… chances are, we’ve got it!